DFA’s Diversity & Inclusion initiative gathered more than 50 managers and supervisors across the division in the fall of 2020 for a series of workshops. Workshop objectives were (1) reinforce UC's values of diversity, equity, and inclusion; (2) raise awareness of implicit bias through completing UC's training series on managing implicit bias; (3) create a DFA diversity and inclusion statement; and (4) chart action steps to embody our commitment to diversity across our division.
As a result, diversity & inclusion was added to DFA’s values and strategy map. In February 2021, DFA's Diversity & Inclusion workgroup was formed with members across the various DFA departments. Following are four committees:
- Recruitment – enhance diversity of talent and promote inclusivity through recruitment actions.
- Communications – communicate to promote D&I.
- Training & Development – advance learning and culture of diversity & inclusive excellence.
- Metrics – measure progress, success, and continuous improvement of D&I.
- Contribute to promoting a culture of diversity & inclusive excellence in DFA.
- Develop, implement, and track division-wide diversity initiatives.
- Establish and track diversity metrics.
D&I Goals Overview:
Click on the buttons below to learn more about each goal.